Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tightening the noose.

When I lived in Tucson, lo those many years ago, and went to school, money was always something of a challenge.

It came from the jobs I had at the time (7-11 clerk, Sizzler manager, some other one I don't recall), from the schools I went to at the time (the career college and the Uni), and from whatever odds and ends I could pick up selling off my library.

After the collapse of the roomie sitch (4 bedrooms, 7 people) I went from place to place. Towards the end, I was living in a different apartment every two months, moving just ahead of the court system, until I finally crashed out in a tiny little furnished studio, living on koolaid, tea, and that standard staple, ramen by the boatload.

As miserable as I was in a lot of ways back then, it actually wasn't bad.

The last couple of years in the one bedroom in Glendale were actually pretty nice, as was the year in the Studio there back when.

When I made plans to get here, I had determined I'd need 3 grand to get back home.  That would give me enough to pay rent, deposits, and utilities for 2 months whilst I ran for the entry level job at the call centers I've chosen. It would, ideally, give me a tiny bit of breathing room, allow me to be less in a panic mode when I arrive, and give me a brief respite.

The events of the last couple of days has made me rethink that well planned sitch out so that I am now going to go for the minimum needed to get there, get any place I can find (typically one of the arm and a leg monthlies), and pray I can keep going.  Downside, is that this plan only cuts my needs in half.

 

However, I am being handed lemons. And, as anyone who knows me is aware, lemonade is one of my favorite drinks.

So, I will, barring forcible removal, figure out a way to stay.

Doesn't help I've been been told I need to stuff it on one hand (I'm not against compromise, just against violating my principles), and on another hand I'm being reminded just how complex my principles really are.

Ah well.  Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, right?

No comments: