Monday, April 2, 2007

The Monday Melee

I'm getting brave and joining a "thing".

1. The Misanthropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.

The lack of opposable toes.

No, really.  I'm a klutz, and usually my desk is crowded and cluttered and covered with all manner of odds and ends, and when I shift around or reach for something, I knock things off.  And opposable toes would make it a lot easier to get those things. (although, I'm dextrous enough to pick up small things)


2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.

ugh. tough one. requires me to actually look for new icky stuff, since all the good ones have probably been done.

Ah well, we'll use a goody: the old argument that gays make bad parents is fraudulent.  It relies on an emotional construct and familiarity to hold water -- but breaks down utterly under examination.


3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.

My waist. And the situps are working fast enough, and hurt too darn much.


4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.

I give Trishous credit for being true to herself no matter what someone hurls at her :D


5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.

I'm wearing size 8 jeans. And I look good in them.


6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.

A private 40 acre retreat in the desert that's fully self sustaining.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, I changed the name.

Dyssonance worked better for me, lol -- its less vindictive than the previous, and has the same overall qualities, while being more accurate :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love number one. I never thought of it before, but yeah opposable toes would be awesome.
welcome to the "thing", I just found it myself three weeks ago.
Have fun.